Monday, February 19, 2007

Pictures

More photos of the good times.





I thank those that kindly commend Steph and I for our strength as parents. But personally, I can't take any credit for the way Quinn drudged his way through the first several weeks of his life. At his age, all I could do was hope and pray that he pulled through all the constant misery. I never imagined I would ever learn a new level of toughness from my infant son. It will be weird the first time I have to teach him not to be a quitter at something.
So while I won't necessarily pat myself on the back for Quinn's perseverance in his struggles, I always love reading the comment section on this blog. They have been great for me and Steph. And when Quinn's old enough, he'll appreciate them too.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

There is no doubt, Quinn's strength has been amazing. But I believe that you and Steph are a huge part of that. Babies can sense the emotions of their parents; if Mom and Dad are stressed, baby will show signs of stress too. You were both by Quinn's side day and night, offering him undying love, optimism and support. Whether you realize it or not, you both gave Quinn the strength to make it through this ordeal.

Love,
Kristin

Anonymous said...

I am a complete stranger to you and your family (from the UK) but have followed Quinn's story from afar after hearing about you from a colleague. It is heartwarming and the most precious gift possible to see the latest pictures of Quinn and his progress is amazing. You have a beautiful little boy in your lives (those eyes!!) and I wish you every happiness for the future.

Kelly said...

Such a serious little face!! But that smile at the end melts my heart... So glad to see that you are all settled in at HOME. Love you all...
Kelly, Shawn & Lily

Anonymous said...

He just gets more and more handsomer (probably not a word but it's true) every time I see him. YAY Quinn you are quiet an inspriation. Keep growing.
Love
Erin

Anonymous said...

Dan,
We never stop learning. I learned alot about faith and strength by watching you. I could never have imagined you going through this with such calmness and strength when I looked at you as a little boy. So you learned from the Mighty Quinn...so I learn from you....and so it goes. I love you and am very, very proud of you.

Love,
Pop

The Cisneros Family said...

:)

Your dads comment is awesome!