Tuesday, July 15, 2008
We could use some prayers again
OK, I guess it's about time for a medical update on Quinn. I haven't really talked about this with many people because we don't have real answers right now and we don't want to concern people, but we would appreciate some more prayers for Quinn. He is going in for his next round of stents and angioplasty on the 30th. But we are not sure if that is going to be the procedure he'll actually end up having. At Quinn's last cardiology appointment we found out that there is a POSSIBILITY that the doctors might not be able to dilate his arteries again. There is a feeling from the doctors that his arteries may not have enough elasticity left in them. If this is the case we will be facing a surgery where they cut his chest open again, cut open his pulmonary artery, and add material to the artery therefor stretching the artery physically instead of mechanically. Unfortunately, we won't know the final decision until he is actually in the operating room and the doctor is able to evaluate the arteries. I know what is meant to be will be, please just pray that whichever procedure we end up with it goes smoothly and with no complications. OK, thanks everyone.