Saturday, July 11, 2009

My little pirate

We went to Newport last weekend to visit a friend of mine. While we were there we visited Fort Adams. Quinn was very intrigued by the cannons.



We also went to see the fireworks. Here is Quinn and daddy posing before they started.

Auntie Karra and Uncle Jeffery just got back from Disney World and look what they brought Quinn. I have such a spoiled little boy. Luckily most of the time he's spoiled with love.
The transformation.
I don't know if you could tell, but he's actually saying Arrggh in this picture.

The final touch .... A telescope. Hold on to this little detail until the end of the post.

Thanks Auntie Karra and Uncle Jeffry.
Quinn enjoying the pool mommy style.
Quinn liked being a Pirate soooo much he got dressed back up as a pirate the second we got out of the pool.


And the second he woke up from his nap.
In fact the pirate stuff made it with us all the way to a graduation party tonight. I tried to distract him. I put everything in the front seat and told him he could put it back on when we got to the party. I figured he'd forget after the 45min drive we had. Nope. The second we parked, "Can I be a pirate again." Sigh. Luckily, everyone at the party got a kick out of it, so it was all good. Except that we had a fatality. I brought Quinn to go to the bathroom and he was holding the hook and telescope will he was on the toilet. Of course he drops the telescope into the toilet (why I let him hold onto them I have no idea). So I tell him, "Well, there goes the telescope." really meaning, "You won't be able to play with that again until I sterilize it." I take him off the toilet to fish out the telescope and what do you know, it's a self flushing toilet, a powerful one at that. Can you see where this is going. The second I reach my hand in to grab the scope the toilet flushes and before I can grab it, it's gone. Quinn was soooooo upset. He didn't want to wear his pirate stuff anymore after that. What can I do? I'm going to see if I can find one on e-bay or something. Sigh, I know these things happen, but I felt soo bad.
Here is Quinn giving balloons to the Dr. Sues Oh the places you will go monster.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OH no! Telescope down. It happens, the little girl I nanny for is potty training and she likes to hold things while on the potty, I always worried that this would happen. I will keep my eye out for one too. We have a couple neat little stores that have different kids toys so maybe they will have a telescope. Good to see him happy and having fun! He is getting big, Karra told me that but now that I see pictures he really is!!!

Hugs
Love Erin