Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Wiggly Worm

Dan finally got to feel the baby move for the first time tonight. Our little son seems to be really active when he moves (I obviously have nothing to compare it to but) it seems like there are days that he doesn't stop moving, which has been really wonderful for me. Only recently though have I felt like the movements were strong enough for Dan to feel. I tried to let him feel the baby yesterday morning, but of course he stopped moving the second I got Dan's hand on my stomach. Granted that was probably because I woke Dan up to feel it and since he wasn't quite awake yet he put his hand down pretty firmly so the baby was probable a little startled. This time however, he put on a really good show for his daddy and kicked him square in the palm a couple of times. Dan seemed really excited about it, actually I know he loved it, he was grinning from ear to ear. Any way, hopefully he'll get a chance to write about it, it would be nice to hear what he thought. I loved it, it's so nice to be able to give him a little window into what I get the chance to experience everyday. I think it's a little sad that I get the privilege of experiencing our son all the time and Dan can only get a glimpse of it. Although I have to admit, I wouldn't want the roles to be reversed, I'm really enjoying this experience.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's so exciting to finally be able to share it, isn't it?? I will never forget the 1st time Shawn felt Lily move... somehow that made the whole thing so much more real. Congrats Dan!