Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Does 45sec count???

Well, Quinn is officially sitting unsupported for short bursts of time. It's funny, I mentioned to the girls from early intervention that Quinn had been sitting unsupported in our bed for several days. Although he was only holding it for a couple of seconds. They chuckled and said it's harder for him to sit in the bed than on the floor. As we were having this conversation they sat Quinn on the floor and he showed me how much better he was at sitting on the floor. I swear held it until cheered him on and he looked up to see what all of the noise was about. Granted I started cheering for him after a couple of seconds. I'm just so excited for him.

I don't know how well you can see it, but he's sitting in these pictures.

Quinn has gotten to the point where he really wants to interact with very specific things and he gets frustrated when I can't figure out what he wants. That doesn't happen too often though, he's actually really good at telling me what it is he wants. He stares at the thing really hard and grunts. Hey, whatever works right.

Quinn is also doing this thing now where he sticks his tongue out, a lot. It's really cute, like a little strawberry.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Way to go Quinn!!! Gosh, he gets cuter every day! It's frustrating when you know they want something but you can't figure out what it is. Now that Mary is talking I'd say it's easier, but could you figure out what "maah, "datdoo" and "mahmaht" are?

(answer: milk, cracker and some conglomeration of chicken/McDonald's/sandwich)

Anonymous said...

Well, I can't get a flight home for friday. I'm in the midst of trying to get my flight changed to come home. The airlines don't do e-tickets here, so it's a bit of an ordeal trying to get my tickets changed. My relief guy is already in country so I should be flying home shortly. I'm so happy and proud of how Quinn is coming along. He still makes me smile no matter what kind of day it is. I love you and will see you soon.