Sunday, December 26, 2010

Dec 21st a very special day

So unfortunately, we finally had to evict the newest addition to our family. Thursday the 16th at my last doctors appointment the doctor checked me and told me that at the moment I was not making any progress toward have this child. She then asked me if we wanted to schedule an induction for the following week. I told her definitely not, I wanted this baby to come on his own. She told me that was fine and as long as everything looked good with the placenta and fluid levels, they would actually let me go as far as two weeks over. I thought that was awesome, until I looked at the calender. Wesley had been breach for a while and had luckily turned head down, but then he was posterior with his back to my back even up until the day he was born. Apparently this increases your change of needing a Csection by a lot. So once I looked at the calender I realized that I couldn't let Wesley wait too long or I might not make it to Quinn's preop day on the 30th if I did need a Csection or any kind of repair. I called the doctor back and they said it would have to be Tuesday the 21st due to the holiday schedule (earlier than I would have liked, but what can you do). Well, Sunday into Monday I started getting crampy and thought that perhaps I might get to have Wesley without the assistance of the dreaded hated pitocin. The doctor had me come in at the end of the day and at that point I was making progress so again I thought, yes, this might happen on its own. But then nothing, Monday night was a more comfortable nights sleep than Sunday into Monday. Sigh, so 5:30 in the morning, I got up, did a little cleaning, eat some breakfast, got Quinn's stuff ready for school so my dad didn't have to do anything, and took some pictures. Here are Dan and Quinn at 6:30 the morning Wesley was born.

Here are my last belly pics.

Definitely smaller than with Quinn. I gained 68lbs with Quinn vs. the 47 (+ 3lb of water weigh I gained the day before) I gained with Wesley. Quite a difference. I guess all that extra fluid did make a difference.

We got to the hospital at 7:30am Dec 21st (the first day of winter, with the first dusting of snow we had had in a long time, the day of a lunar eclipse, and the day my second son was born. Pretty special day in my book).

They started pitocin at 9a, I finally asked for pain management at 1:20, it came around 1:40 it wore off around 3:40, we tried another round around 4p, which didn't work accept to numb my legs, very annoying when you are delivering. Luckily Wesley was born at 5:05 so it really wasn't too bad!!! I had about a half hour of "wholly crap this hurts!!!" and then I got to start pushing. Half hour later the boy was born, healthy and breathing and has now become the youngest baby I have ever held!!!!!! :) and taken home from the hospital. The night he was born, Dan said, how do we know if he's ok during the middle of the night, there are no monitors telling us he's breathing and his heart is beating. Well, yes, welcome to the wonderful unnerving real world. Thank you thank you thank you!!
For your viewing pleasure ...... Wesley and his amazing muscles!
Quinn came to visit for a little each day thanks to Grandpa Dan who watched him while we were in the hospital.

Grandma came too. I don't have a picture, but Nohno, uncle Tony, his girlfriend Heather, cousin Maki, and Marshall also came.

Look ma I can already throw adorable posses.

Master Wesley himself.
I have no idea who he looks like, the boy has golden brown hair (although Dan insists it's blond, so I guess his hair color is a matter of opinion) and dimples?? Where did those come from.

Getting ready to go home. Born on Tuesday when home on Thursday, really??

I couldn't resist the bear outfit my mom got us.

And we are out of here.


Momma and daddy Krug said...

Welcome to the world Master Wesley and to an extremely loving family. You are one lucky boy and your brother, mommy, and daddy are lucky to have you. Dying to meet you and squeeze you and love you and kiss you!!
Auntie Karra

Tammara, Jess and Cory said...

Congratulations well done momma. I can't wait to see the interaction pictures of Wesley and Quinn.

Pop said...

Cograts Steph and Dan!!! And welcome Wesley!! Can't wait until we can make it up there to see all of you.

Anonymous said...

Oh Steph and Dan, Wesley is so beautiful! I am lost for words and can't wait to meet the little guy :) Much love, Suzanne

Kristin said...

We are soooooooo excited to finally meet Wesley one of these days! Once Quinn is safely through his operation and on the road to recovery we will come see him, I promise. With Mary being in kindergarten, who knows what kind of germs she might bring home. We don't want any of you to get sick before Quinn's surgery our account.

(And for the record, Mary was the youngest baby you have ever held...38 weeks!)

Wesley looks fantastic and we can't wait to meet him!