Monday, December 06, 2010

October at the Farmers Daughter

For the first two years of his life, in October we would go to a farm down the street that had a corn maze. Well last year they didn't have the maze so we went to this tree/plant nursery near my school. It was a blast and I think we are going to try to make that a tradition. So, here we are at the farmers daughter.

Well, this one is before we went, but I like the picture, so here it is.

So the kids get to dig for buried candy and trinkets. This man was sooo nice. Normally they put the kids on a timer and only give them a couple of minutes. Well, he did not time Quinn at all, he went in and helped him, and I swear they were in there for about 10 minutes. It was really cute, Quinn really got into it.

Exhibit A.

They had a short corn maze, which was really great so the kids could go in and not be nervous.

There were pumpkin slingshots again. Always a hit. Uncle Marshall and Quinn actually hit one of the stuffed scarecrows out in the field. Speaking of, they also do pumpkin catapulting. Karra and I catapulted a pumpkin together and hit the silhouetted man target on top of the hay bails out in the field right in the neck. Great shot, who knew we should have live in medieval times!

More slingshot pics.

So this looks like we are starting Quinn on coffee really early, but actually its Dans.

Auntie and Uncle Jeffrey came with us. This was a hay ride.

And my friend Lisa who was with us last year and prompted the start of this little tradition. My friends Angela and Dave came too, I can't believe I don't have pictures of them!!!

Karra and I all pregnant and smuggling pumpkins. At this point Karra was 5 days away from having her baby (this was the 9th of Oct).

And of course, what trip would be complete without a petting zoo.

So much fun to be had. We will definitely go again next year if the nursery hosts this again. Happy soon to be Halloween.

No comments: