Sunday, August 12, 2007

Messy boy

So I heard from Dan tonight. Which is a relief because it's been over a week. He's doing well. He has a little head cold. But doing well.

Quinn is also doing well. He's really creeping along furniture. I'm back to thinking he won't crawl. Like I said, he can. I've seen it when early intervention works with him. He just doesn't.

He also still likes to help feed himself which leads to pictures like this one. But he loves it so it's worth it.

And this one.


In other news Quinn has been Marshallized. I just couldn't do the Ferber method. I did some reading at the library and took what I liked and went with it. For all of you mom's who have been thinking about getting your child to learn to self sooth, DO IT. Oh my goodness. I will admit, the first night was rough. Quinn cried for an hour and a half the first night. I almost lost my mind. He cried on and off for half hour the second night and he was asleep in five minutes the third night. Now I can put him down not asleep and he will lay there calmly until he falls asleep. It's beautiful. Next I have to get him to sleep for more than two hour stretches at night. I'll let you know how it goes.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

HOORAY! What a big step, Quinn being able to fall asleep on his own. Now on to the next hurdle of encouraging him to sleep for longer stretches. You'll get there.

You're doing great, Steph!

Eve said...

Congratulations on getting Quinn to fall asleep by himself! But oh, Steph...I truly feel for you. I can't believe he's still getting up every 2 hours! Quinn just loves you so much that he can't go long without seeing his Mommy.