Friday, October 12, 2007

We're back

So the surgeries for both Quinn and my cousins baby Sam are over. They both went very well. Thank you for all of your thoughts and prayers. Sam just came out of his, so I will hear more about that later. But things sound like they went well. Quinn's went very well. The scan they did of his heart showed that the pressures in his ventricles have gone down since the stents. So that's positive. The cardiologist also mentioned that it looks like the arteries out of the heart look to be about the same size which is great because they were unable to place a stent in his left artery the last time he had his surgery. It looks like it has just widened on it own. The doctor has to see the actual data results but his initial opinion is that we can wait on Quinn's next round of surgeries until he is at least 18mths. That is much better than the possible 12 to 18 month time frame they initially predicted.

So here's our little man relaxing with Auntie and a magazine before his operation.

Playing a little.

Dressed and ready to go.

Hanging with grandma.

And Mommy.

Immediately post surgery.

Just a couple of hours after. He was smiling and playing. Surgery! What Surgery? I guess today was harder on me. I'm still a little shell shocked. It just brings so much back to see him like that. When they called me back to the recovery room they told me just to follow the screaming and I would find him. I didn't even recognize his cries. I haven't heard him cry like that in months. And to see the needle and IV's again!!! Lets just say his veins haven't improved much. Ah well, this is him right now. So I guess all's well that ends well.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

You did a wonderful job today Mighty Quinn! I love you so much. You are so strong, I can't believe only a few hours post-op and you are smiling and giggling and playing, you are truly amazing. You must be so excited your daddy is coming home tomorrow! And Steph, I know I just sent this to you, but I think it's post worthy..."I love you Stpehie. You are a super strong woman and an amazing mommy." Keep the spirits high, I know you are ecstatic Danny-boy is coming home tomorrow! Welcome home Bruda.

Love,
Auntie Karra

Anonymous said...

Steph, it even hurts to read about Quinn having to go through procedures that stick/cut him and make him cry. He sure is a Trooper!! I was not aware that he was in line for more surgery at the 18 month point. I pray his veins get big all by themselves and he continues to amaze doctors. So glad Dan is coming home today. Watch the look on his face when he sees Quinn!! Love you all. Miss you all. Welcome home Dan.

Pop and Kim

Anonymous said...

Hey Steph, how come Quinn NEVER smiles in pictures with you???? LMBO!!! Love you Steph!!!

Pop

Unknown said...

YAHOO things are great for the Great QUINN. Prayer works.

Kilroy_60 said...

Looking back this will be a a day in the life to remember. A great triumph!

Here's to good health and happiness!!

Kelly said...

Quinn, you are so strong! Good work tough guy. We hope you're having a blast with your Daddy!
Love,
Kelly, Shawn & Lily

Anonymous said...

I thank God that all went well and that Dan is home - or will be soon! You did it, Steph. You, too, Dan. The time together is surely sweeter for all that you have both been through.

With love,
Mrs. Cherry