Sunday, April 15, 2007

Bye Love.......... See you soon

So as you have read Dan has left the building. He should actually be arriving at his destination as I type. We love you honey and we miss you already. OK, so I am going to try to update this blog everyday. Very ambitious I know. I'm sure I'm going to miss a day or two, but I'll do my best.

This picture is for daddy.

So we finally got family photos taken. This is great for many reasons but the biggest one is I can finally order thank you cards for the many wonderful people who supported us over the last several months. I'm sorry it's taken me so long. A Friend of ours from high school took these photos. If anyone in the area wants photos, I'm sure she'd be happy to take them.


Quinn started teething about three weeks ago. He is constantly sucking on his hand, which is the cutest thing. Also, as Dan showed you Quinn started on solids last Tuesday. I mistakenly started with fruit, pears to be precise. As you could see he really didn't like them, apparently they were too sweet for him. He does like sweet potatoes though. So that's good. My Grandmother gave me a spoon she used to feed her kids with. She had seven of them so it has a lot of sentimental value to it. I love using it.
Quinn is having a very good day today. I mention that because Dan always asks how his day was when he gets home from work. Quinn's gas pains have mostly disappeared. So his days are better and better. His main complaint now a days is being hungry. He eats so much lately. Maybe that means that he's going to have a growth spurt . He's around 10 1/2 lbs now. Not even on the charts. That's alright he's doing so well no one is worried. They all say he'll catch right up at some point.
Quinn continues to warm my heart. Over the last three days he's started being able to put his desires into action. He reached out his arms to me for the first time today. It's so sweet and I love him so much. OK, enough for now. More tomorrow.
P.S. Hey love, thanks for the message to let me know you got there safely. I was on the phone with Marshall and I didn't recognize the number so I figured I'd just call it back. I'm sorry I didn't pick up the phone. I wanted to talk with you. Quinn stared at the phone the whole time your message was playing. I'm glad you got there safe. I hope you like it. Maybe you can post for where you are? I love you and miss you.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Steph, I know you're posting these for Dan. But I suspect that many of us are secretly thinking, "Yes! More updates & pictures!"

Hey Dan - tomorrow we start moving in to our new apartment just two minutes up the road from your place. We'll make sure your family is ok while you're gone. No worries. Just come home safe & soon.

Anonymous said...

Dan,

Stay safe son. My thought and prayers are with you. You have a beautiful family. Love you, Steph and Quinn much, much!

Love,
Pop and Kim

Bariso said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

I love the family pictures - what a handsome little guy Quinn is! Steph you look absolutely amazing :) Dan you do too lol. We need to get together real soon. Much love - Suzanne

Anonymous said...

Quinn looks great! He is starting to look like a little boy and not a baby. It is good to see such great pictures of the three of you doing so well. You all look great. As for the feeding, Ellie did same thing when I gave her first food, Bananas. And now she still does it every once and while when I offer her something new. Now bananas are her favorite food. Go figure.

Anonymous said...

oops! Sorry the above comment was from Abby brogan, I don't know why it is listing me as anonymous.

Anonymous said...

He is so adorable! You guys are a perfect little family! I can't wait til I can finally come and meet the little guy.

Love
Erin