Monday, April 23, 2007

Good morning

I was woken up this morning by the sweetest thing. Quinn was playing with my lower lip. Normally I hear him stretching and sturring before he wakes up. This morning he woke up so quietly. I have no idea how long he was awake before he started playing with my mouth. I woke up and he was just looking at me like, "Aha, I knew you'd wake up soon." I just can't convey how cute that was. Unfortunately I don't have a picture of that. I do however have a picture of him playing with the toys on his bouncy chair..... with his feet. You can't see it here, but he hooks his foot around the toy and pulls it to his hand. Is this lazy or cleaver?

Our friend Toby finally got to meet Quinn today. I got a couple of cute pictures of she and Quinn and then she got a slightly obscene picture of the cat. Dan remind me to show you, I didn't know the cat could be that flexible.

I won't be able to tell you how much Quinn weighs until next week. Our nurse was supposed to come tomorrow and give Quinn a vaccination against RSV (basically baby pneumonia). Unfortunately our insurance company decided that the weather is so nice that cold and flu season must be over. This means that children don't need their shots anymore this year. So the nurse will be here next week and in the meantime I just have to be very careful with Quinn. If cold and flu season is truly over then it's fine. But I still know several people who are sick.



Feedings with Quinn are going really well. He is eating solids twice a day and likes it so much he tries to feed himself. We are on to carrots this week. Which taste a lot like the sweet potato. Sorry Quinn, I tried to give you something different. We have sweet peas next. That will be very different.


Photo Sharing - Upload Video - Video Sharing - Share Photos

Dan called tonight. It was so good to hear from him. We miss you love. He wanted me to say hello to everyone and that he is doing well. I hope you are all taking care of yourselves, more later.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Steph, You should be able to challenge the insurance since Quinn had such a rough start in life. I would call and find out for sure. He is growing up so fast seems like. He is a cute little guy.
Tammara

Anonymous said...

Steph,
It was so great to see you and meet Quinn. I will try to see you guys more frequently once school is done. Maybe we can go walking in Mystic once it gets a little warmer.
xoxo
Toby