Friday, November 03, 2006
Latest baby news
I realized that I haven't talked about my last Dr. apt yet so this will be a combination of last appointment and this one. OK, so last appointment I weighed in at 194 .... so not quite at 200lbs yet. I am 1cm dilated, which is no big deal, pregnant women walk around like that for a month or more. It just means that my body is getting ready which I know is true because I've been really crampy at night. I'm strep-b negative which is nice, no need for antibiotics when I go into labor. So last appointment went just like they usually do, nice and easy. Now my appointment today was a little more interesting. I weighed in at 197lb ... getting closer. Blood pressure looks good. The doctor walked and I said, so a lot of my friends and family don't think I'm going to make my due date, care to weigh in on the subject. Also, about how big do you think the baby is at this point. He jokingly says 12lbs (luckily I realized he was joking so I could laugh instead of choke). Then he said as for the other question I was just going to talk to you about that. Apparently I've been measuring ahead of schedule this whole time. It didn't even occur to me to ask before, I just assumed I was on schedule because the doctors just kept telling me everything looked good. So, yes he is a big baby. My doctor wants to do an ultrasound next Thursday to try to determine how big he might be (I know there is a huge margin of error with these things) and then he wants to discuss what to do from there. He also mentioned he is definitely not going to let me go a week past my due date. So now I'm left with a dilemma. The word induction actually scares me more then c-section, however I'd really like to avoid one of those if I can. I've also heard so many stories of women being induced because the doctor thought the baby was too big and they come out a normal size. I'm trying to figure out what to do at this point. I want the baby to be able to decide when he's ready to come out. Well, I guess I will just have to wait and see what the whole picture is next Thursday and then I can make decisions. Maybe the utlrasound will look fine and I won't have to say anything, but if the baby does look to big .... I have some things to figure out. I'll keep you posted.