Sunday, December 31, 2006

Quinn, what did you DO?!



It was the first night in weeks that I slept in a different room than Quinn. I came back this morning to find that he conducted a self extraction of his feeding tube. It seems he wanted to start the new years with no tubes in his face. He certainly picked a bad time to do this. Quinn is back on IV nutrients until the feeding tube can be reinserted. There is one available doctor on call to attempt the procedure, and he is currently unavailable. The nurses informed me he may not get milk again until after the new years, because this is not important enough to bring doctors in off of holiday break.
Well Quinn, what a fine mess.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Quinn this morning When I was praying my rosary for you I opened my bible to a very special reading It was Matthew chapter 15 verses 29 to 31 the healing of many people WOW!! I know that If we continue to pray and thank God for the many blessings he has given you he will continue to heal you. You look like you are getting so big and so healthy. Continue to amaze us little one. I am praying for a miraculous healing for your tummy issues. The lord said ask and you shall recieve, If you believe you can move a mountain. You are "Mighty Quinn" so I think It is just a matter of time until we get another miraculous healing. Normally I don't pray openly but I hope that Jesus continue to cradle you in his arms and heal you through his compassionate touch. And he continue to give your Mommy and Daddy strength and the gift of love from all your wonderful family members that are pulling for you. Peace and blessings to my little friend that I pray for everyday. Love Maria Rosado

Anonymous said...

Mighty Quinn,
Okay you are telling them enough is enough I want my mom's milk Please :). He will get through this and I am sure start to receive breast milk before you know it. Dan and Steph you are such good role models for all young parents going through any typw of trauma with a newborn. We will keep you all in our prayers.
Tammara

Anonymous said...

Hey Dan,

This will be the first of many "What did you DO?!" moments for Quinn. Others will include various food items all over the floor, an entire roll of toilet paper pulled from the roll, and piles of nicely folded laundry spread-out across the room. It sounds to me like Quinn is just getting ready to join the ranks of normal babies everywhere. Keep going Quinn!